I am currently a third year Ph.D. student in the Image, Optimization and Probability (IOP) team of the Institut de Mathématiques de Bordeaux, under the supervision of Jérémie Bigot and Nicolas Papadakis. My thesis is funded by a ministerial scholarship. My research interests lie on optimal transport and especially on the statistical properties of barycenters in the Wasserstein space. Additionally I employ and adapt fast algorithms for optimal transport.
Publications and pre-publications
- Central limit theorems for Sinkhorn divergence between probability distributions on finite spaces and statistical applications, joint work with Jérémie Bigot and Nicolas Papadakis. Submitted, 2017.
- Log-PCA versus Geodesic PCA of histograms in the Wasserstein space, joint work with Vivien Seguy, Jérémie Bigot, Marco Cuturi and Nicolas Papadakis. SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, to be published, 2018. Codes available on GitHub .
- Penalized Barycenters in the Wasserstein space, joint work with Jérémie Bigot and Nicolas Papadakis. Submitted, 2016.
- Regularized Barycenters in the Wasserstein space, joint work with Jérémie Bigot and Nicolas Papadakis. Published in Geometric Science of Information 2017.
- Journées IOPS - Image, Optimisation, Probabilités et Statistiques : Penalized Barycenters in the Wasserstein Space, choice of the regularization parameter via Lepskii technique. Le Teich, July 2017.
- Optimal Transport meets Probability, Statistics and Machine Learning - BIRS/CMO Workshop : Regularization of Barycenters in the Wasserstein space, extended results. Oaxaca, May 2017.
- ANR meeting in Optimal Transport : Regularization of Barycenters in the Wasserstein space, application in 2D. Bordeaux, November 2016.
- Workshop CAVALIERI on Optimal Transport and Optimization in Imaging : Regularization of Barycenters in the Wasserstein space. Paris, October 2016.
Presentation in Conferences
- NIPS 2017 - Neural Information Processing Systems - Workshop Optimal Transport & Machine Learning : Central limit theorems for Sinkhorn divergence between probability distributions on finite spaces and statistical applications. Poster.
- GSI2017 - Geometric Science of Information : Penalized Barycenters in the Wasserstein Space in 1D. Paris, Novembre 2017.
- 48èmes Journées des SFdS : Régularisation du barycentre dans l'espace de Wasserstein. Montpellier, May 2016.
I spent one month at the Graduate School of Informatics of Kyoto University in June 2016 to work on a PCA issue in the Wasserstein space in 1D in cooperation with Marco Cuturi and Vivien Seguy.
- 2015 : Master Research in Mathematics - Probability and Statistics, University Paul Sabatier in Toulouse.
- 2012 : Bachelor in Fundamental Mathematics,University Paul Sabatier in Toulouse.
- General Mathematics for 1st and 2nd years in IUT Bordeaux.
- Python for Informatics for 1st year in IUT Bordeaux.
- Representative of Ph.D. students in the Department of Sciences and Technologies of Bordeaux University.
- Treasurer of Lambda, the Bordeaux association of Ph.D in Mathematics.
- I take part in Printemps de la mixité whose aim is to promote diversity in high school.
- Mail: elsa(dot)cazelles(at)u-bordeaux(dot)fr
- Address: Institut de Mathématiques de Bordeaux - 351, cours de la Libération - 33405, Talence cedex, France
- Office: 259
- Phone: +33 5 40 00 60 62.