I am currently a second year Ph.D. student in the Image, Optimization and Probability (IOP) team of the Institut de Mathématiques de Bordeaux, under the supervision of Jérémie Bigot and Nicolas Papadakis. My thesis is funded by a ministerial scholarship. My research interests lie on optimal transport and especially on the statistical properties of barycenters in the Wasserstein space. Additionally I employ and adapt fast algorithms for optimal transport.
- Penalized Barycenters in the Wasserstein space, joint work with Jérémie Bigot and Nicolas Papadakis. Submitted.
- Log-PCA versus Geodesic PCA of histograms in the Wasserstein space, joint work with Vivien Seguy, Jérémie Bigot, Marco Cuturi and Nicolas Papadakis. Submitted.
- Journées IOPS - Image, Optimisation, Probabilités et Statistiques, Le Teich, July 2017: Penalized Barycenters in the Wasserstein Space, choice of the regularization parameter via Lepskii technique.
- Optimal Transport meets Probability, Statistics and Machine Learning - BIRS/CMO Workshop, Oaxaca, May 2017: Regularization of Barycenters in the Wasserstein space, extended results.
- ANR meeting in Optimal Transport, Bordeaux, November 2016: Regularization of Barycenters in the Wasserstein space, application in 2D.
- Workshop CAVALIERI on Optimal Transport and Optimization in Imaging, Paris, October 2016: Regularization of Barycenters in the Wasserstein space.
- 48èmes Journées des SFdS, Montpellier, May 2016: Régularisation du barycentre dans l'espace de Wasserstein.
- Second Workshop on Optimization for Image and Signal Processing, IHP Paris, December 2015.
- Workshop on Optimization in Machine Learning, Vision and Image Processing, Toulouse, October 2015.
I spent one month at the Graduate School of Informatics of Kyoto University in June 2016 to work on a PCA issue in the Wasserstein space in 1D in cooperation with Marco Cuturi and Vivien Seguy.
- 2015 : Master Research in Mathematics - Probability and Statistics, University Paul Sabatier in Toulouse.
- 2012 : Bachelor in Fundamental Mathematics,University Paul Sabatier in Toulouse.
- General Mathematics for 1st and 2nd years in IUT Bordeaux.
- Python for Informatics for 1st year in IUT Bordeaux.
- Representative of Ph.D. students in the Department of Sciences and Technologies of Bordeaux University.
- Treasurer of Lambda, the Bordeaux association of Ph.D in Mathematics.
- I take part in Printemps de la mixité whose aim is to promote diversity in high school.
- Mail: elsa(dot)cazelles(at)u-bordeaux(dot)fr
- Address: Institut de Mathématiques de Bordeaux - 351, cours de la Libération - 33405, Talence cedex, France
- Office: 259
- Phone: +33 5 40 00 69 07.